Sunday, May 1, 2011

Disney Enthusiast

So this is the only picture that I have from working at the Boys and Girls Club.  I think it from 2005 or 2006.  Not sure, but I know I had just gotten back from a trip to Disneyland.

Just applying lipstick on a Roller Coaster at California Adventure... normal, right?

I love it!



 So I decided to make Cinderella's Castle for our birthday wall.  It took me awhile, because I cannot draw that well.  It is not an exact replica, but you get the idea.


I used water color paints to color the castle.  

Then I had the kids at the site decorate solid color Mickey (or Minnie) faces and write their birthday.  It turned out pretty cute.

And then to stick with the Disney theme, I had the kids make crowns and Mickey Mouse ears and took their pictures and hung the pictures next to their Mickey faces on the wall. 




 I also made Mickey ears for the letter 'M' week while I was teaching kindergarten in Costa Rica.  If I find the pictures I will post them... 


No comments:

Post a Comment